collected in the websites on which this Policy is posted.
Through this Policy, RubberCon 2021 Secretariat(hereafter referred to as Secretariat) regards
personal information of the users as important and inform them of the purpose and method of
Secretariat’s using the personal information provided by the users and the measures taken by
Secretariat for protection of those personal information.
This Policy will be effective on the 1st day of May, 2021 and, in case of modification thereof, the
Secretariat will make public notice of it through posting it on Notice board of RubberCon 2021's
website(or individual notice through sending mails, fax or e-mails).
1. Information to be collected and method of collection
(1) Personal information items to be collected
Personal information items to be collected by Secretariat are as follows:
E-mail, Name, Affiliation, Job title, Country, Address, Work phone, Telephone
The online payment company and website management company may collect the information
directly provided by the users.
Log data, Card information(when user pay via online) will be provided to online payment company.
Besides of information directly provided by the users, Secretariat may collect information in the
course that the users use the service provided by the Website.
(2) Method of collection
Secretariat collects the information of users in a way of the followings:
Information of users will be provided through Website “create account”.
2. Use of collected information
Secretariat uses the collected information of users for the following purposes:
• Member management for Registration and Abstract Submission
• Sending information letter, promotion letter, confirmation letter to members (Via E-mail)
• Sending Any notifications regarding RubberCon 2021
Secretariat agrees that it will obtain consent from the users, if Secretariat desires to use the
information other than those expressly stated in this Policy.
3. Sharing collected information
Except for the following cases, the Secretariat will not share personal information with a 3rd party:
• when the Secretariat shares the information with its affiliates, partners and service providers;
Online payment service providers
• when the users consent the sharing in advance
• when the sharing is required by the laws
- if required to be disclosed by the laws and regulations.
- if required to be disclosed by the investigative agencies for detecting
crimes in accordance with the procedure and method as prescribed in the laws and regulations.
4. Cookies, Beacons and Similar Technologies
Secretariat may collect collective and impersonal information through 'cookies' or 'web beacons'.
Cookies are very small text files to be sent to the browser of the users by the server used for
operation of the websites and will be stored in hard-disks of the users' computer.
These function is used for evaluating, improving services and setting-up users' experiences so that
much improved services can be provided by the Secretariat to the users.
The items of cookies to be collected by Secretariat and the purpose of such collection are as follows:
This cookie is a kind of indispensable cookie for the users to use the functions of website. Unless
the users allow this cookie, the services such as registration or electronic bill payment cannot be
provided. This cookie does not collect any information which may be used for marketing or
memorizing the sites visited by the users.
(Examples of necessary cookies)
∘ Memorize the information entered in an order form while searching other pages during web
∘ For the page of registration and check-out, memorize ordered services
∘ Check whether login is made on website
∘ Check whether the users are connected with correct services of the website of the Company while
the Company changes the way of operating its website
∘ Connect the users with certain application or server of the services
The users have an option for cookie installation. So, they may either allow all cookies by setting
option in web browser, make each cookie checked whenever it is saved, or refuses all cookies to be
saved: Provided that, if the user rejects the installation of cookies, it may be difficult for that user
to use the parts of services provided by Secretariat.
5. Users' right to access and option
The users or their legal representatives, as main agents of the information, may exercise the
following options regarding the collection, use and sharing of personal information by Secretariat :
• Exercise right to access to personal information;
• Make corrections or deletion;
• Make temporary suspension of treatment of personal information; or
• Request the withdrawal of their consent provided before
If, in order to exercise the above options, you, as an user, use the menu of 'amendment of member
information of webpage or contact the secretariat by using representative telephone or sending emails, or using telephone to the responsible department (or person in charge of management of
personal information), Secretariat will take measures without delay: Provided that the Secretariat
may reject the request of you only to the extent that there exists either proper cause as prescribed
in the laws or equivalent cause.
Secretariat regards the security of personal information of uses as very important. Secretariat
constructs the following security measures to protect the users' personal information from any
unauthorized access, release, use or modification
• Encryption of personal information
• Transmit users' personal information by using encrypted communication zone
• Store important information such as passwords after encrypting it
• Countermeasures against hacking : Install a system in the zone the external access to which
is controlled so as to prevent leakage or damage of users' personal information by hacking
or computer virus
• Take measures to prevent forging or alteration of access record
7. Modification of Privacy Protection Policy
Secretariat has the right to amend or modify this Policy from time to time and, in such case, the
Company will make a public notice of it through bulletin board of its website (or through individual
notice such as written document, fax or e-mail) and obtain consent from the users if required by
8. Responsible department of Website(Secretariat)
Secretariat designates the following department and person in charge of personal information in
order to protect personal information of users and deal with complaints from users:
Department : RubberCon 2021 Secretariat
Address : 2F, Seobyeon Post office, 17, Hoguk-ro 43-gil, Buk-gu, Daegu, Korea
The latest update date: May 1, 2021